Termite Control Experts
Fire ants and sugar ants are the most common ant issues residents of Tupelo and N. MS deal with. We can help exterminate and provide ant control services.
Termite Treatment & Control
Termites are a genuine problem in Mississippi; a termite control plan is recommended. The damage termites cause exceeds the damage done by natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, and storms combined. They are prevalent in the outdoor environment, and for each termite you see, there are hundreds you can't see.
One acre can hold 13 to 14 colonies, and a termite can enter your home through a gap smaller than the thickness of one sheet of paper. Termites can't distinguish between a log in the yard and the wood in your home; they look for food, and your home is just another food source. Worse yet, homeowners insurance doesn't cover termite damage.
One of our well-trained Service Technicians will visit your premises and perform a thorough exterior/interior inspection. An inspection will consist of evaluating all locations on your property which can be prone to termite infestations, such as the soil around the perimeter of your home, structural wood, and the roof. We will also look for any signs of possible plumbing leaks.
Corrective/Preventative Treatment Plans
Once we complete our inspection, you will receive a treatment plan which utilizes the latest, most effective termite removal methods and is customized to meet the needs of your situation. This plan will remove existing termites (if present), and we will include a regular termite control plan to prevent future infestations.
Unbeatable customer service
At Tri-County, you are not just another client. Previous customers will tell you that our company truly cares about each of our clients; this is why they continue to recommend us to others. In addition, customers know we are a locally owned and family-run business that will always be here to take care of their needs.
Whether you suspect you have termite activity or are proactively seeking to protect your home or business, Tri-County is the business you want to help protect your investment with termite control now and in the future. Call us at (662) 840-1163 to talk to our knowledgeable technicians and schedule a free evaluation and price quote.
Termite Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of termite treatment do you offer?
- Termite treatment plans at Tri-County Pest Control are customized to your unique situation and can include pre-treatment for new construction, re-treatment or post-construction treatment for existing structures, and corrective applications.
- How does termite removal work?
- Tri-County currently uses a conventional treatment method using Termidor HE and baiting systems. Termidor HE works much like bait with a transfer effect throughout the colony. This treatment has a low impact on the environment and is non-repellent. The maintenance cost is lower, making it a favorite for most.
- If I sprayed the termites I found inside my house with an aerosol termite killer will that take care of the infestation?
- NO! When you see termites, there are always more termites that you cannot see and will not be killed by your spray. If you have seen termites in your house, you have an active termite infestation and need to call Tri-County professionals immediately before further damage is done. We will determine where the termites came from and eradicate any termites hiding in places you could not treat with your aerosol spray. Our customized plan will include both eradication and prevention so no re-infestation occurs.
- I have heard mulch causes termites; should I stop using it in my flower beds?
- Using mulch is fine as long as you do not pile mulch against the foundation of the house, and especially to pile up near the siding. It is best to maintain a mulch-free strip immediately adjacent to the foundation wall, approximately 2 feet wide. In this area, apply a non-organic mulch instead, such as gravel or rubber mulch.
- If I find decaying logs in my yard that have termites, do I need to kill the termites, so they donít get to my home or business?
- It is not possible, nor practical, to kill all the termites in your yard. Leave them alone; they are doing what they should be doing. If you see one colony on your property, there are probably more, so just use this information as a reminder to make sure you have adequate termite protection for your home or business. If you are unsure when your house was last treated, call Tri-County and have our experienced team come out and do a free inspection. We will discuss preventative measures and customize a prevention plan for your property.
- How much will it cost to treat my home or business?
- Treatment costs will vary depending on the size of the structure, construction materials, type of treatment needed, and type of contract (damage repair, re-treatment, or pre-treatment). At Tri-County Pest Control, we understand that cost is an important factor for our customers, and we offer a free inspection and price quote, so you know exactly what the cost of treatment will be.
- How can I make my home or business less susceptible to termites?
- There are numerous actions you can take to reduce the vulnerability of your home to termites that, include reducing any excessive moisture issues in and around your home, especially in crawl spaces and basements, repairing leaky pipes, water lines, and fixtures that may be wetting wooden parts of your home is critical as termites need moisture to live and breed in the structures they inhabit. Also, stack firewood and any other wooden items/lumber several feet away from your home, plant flower beds and other frequently watered plants such as shrubs at least 3í from the house foundation, keep wood-containing mulches at least 2 feet from your foundation, use pressure treated wood for decks and porches, and prevent if possible wood-soil contact with your siding and also with wood decks using concrete piers.
Keep your home or business termite-free!
Call or request a quote for a plan built around your needs.