Tri-County Pest Control based in Tupelo is a mice exterminator. We offer safe, effective methods of getting rid of mice and other rodents in your home of business.
Rodent Control in Tupelo
Having rodents in your home or business is upsetting in many ways and has negative impacts that extend far beyond the unease of having them running around your building.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
- Rodent Droppings
- Gnawed Wires, Plastic, Food and Packaging
- Grease Marks on Walls and Floorboards (Rats)
- Musky Odors (House Mice)
- Chewing Sounds
- Scratching/Scurrying Sound In Attic and Walls during Night
Many people don't realize that rodents can:
- Damage electrical systems by chewing through wires and put you at risk of fire. Some estimates say that exposed wiring caused by rodent chewing causes as many as ¼ of U.S. house fires.
- Damage plumbing pipes
- Spread diseases such as salmonella and leptospirosis
- Bring fleas, and ticks into your home or business
- Eat/destroy drywall and insulation
- Destroy personal property and belongings
- Contaminate food
- Die in your walls/attic, causing foul odors
- Leave droppings behind
- Create disturbing noises in your walls and attic
Regardless of their size, rodents are difficult to keep out of buildings: a mouse can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime, and a rat can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter. Once inside, they multiply quickly: one pair of rats will produce up to 1500 babies per year.
The Tri-County Approach
To effectively treat a rodent infestation, you need a professional who can properly identify the type of rodent(s) in your home or business and determine how they enter the building. Tri-County Pest Control has the expertise to quickly and accurately identify what type of rodents are causing damage and, assess the size of the population, then determine the areas through which they are entering the home. Our process focuses on three areas:
Rodent Control Methods
The professionals at Tri-County use the most up-to-date products and proven treatment methods to remove rodents from your home, business, or barn/storage facility. Our combination of live traps, glue boards, and baits has proven to be effective control measures. These methods do not inconvenience homeowners during the rodent control inspection and treatment.
Your Tri-County team will identify conditions that attract rodents in the first place and show you how to correct them. Details such as harborage sites, securing trash receptacles and dumpsters to prevent rodent entry, removing tall grass and weeds near the home or building, and frequent trash pickups can reduce rodent attraction to your property.
Some facilities have a lot of entry points or structural deficiencies where rodents can freely enter. Although it may be nearly impossible to locate all entry points, there may be some rodent highways that have to be sealed up for adequate Rodent control. We will point out any areas we find where Rodents may be harborage or structural deficiencies. Some major areas we have listed below.
- Be sure that crawl space vents have screens
- Close gaps between the roof and wall soffits
- Ensure door seals and weather-stripping are tight especially crawl entrance doors
- Fill openings around pipes and other wall intrusions
- Protect exterior doors from chewing damage on the corners
Our team has the experience needed to pinpoint the areas where rodents are entering your home and will work with our clients to point out these areas for a pest-free environment.
Rodent Removal Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know I have rodents?
- There are many signs you can look for, including traffic patterns around baseboards, nesting debris, sounds in cabinets and walls, odor from fecal matter and urine, and food debris.
- What rodents do we have in the Tupelo and North MS Area?
- We have many rodents in the North Mississippi area, including house mice, brown rat AKA Norway rat, and the roof rat. Other rodents in our area include squirrels, chipmunks, prairie dogs, groundhogs, beavers, capybara, mice, and hamsters.
Don't let rodents take over your home!
Call us today for fast, reliable rodent removal and prevention.