Cockroach Extermination & Control
Tri-County Pest Control offers effective roach control and extermination services for residential and commercial customers in Tupelo and the surrounding areas.
Cockroach Extermination in Tupelo
Finding cockroaches in your home or business is an unnerving discovery. Not only are they a nuisance and an embarrassment, but they can carry bacteria on their bodies and transfer it to our food or food surfaces. Roaches are one of the most common pest problems encountered by home and business owners and are extremely hardy insects.
They feed on human and pet food and can leave an offensive odor. Certain cockroach species can remain active for weeks without food; some can survive on something as simple as the glue from the back of a postage stamp. They prefer warmer conditions but can adapt to various environments and are mostly active at night.
Tri-County Roach Control Services
The team at Tri-County Pest Control uses the most up-to-date equipment and methods to offer the best possible cockroach control for our customers. Whether your home or business needs a one-time treatment or periodic control throughout the year, our team will be there to eliminate your roaches immediately.
Our certified employees have the experience needed to find the causes of the infestation and offer roach control methods to prevent re-infestation.
Put your mind at ease and let family-owned & operated Tri-County Pest Control handle your roach issue quickly and efficiently. Call us at (662) 840-1163 and schedule your free inspection today.
Cockroach Extermination Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I have roaches?
- Physically seeing a roach, finding roach feces, finding roach eggs, or the presence of a musty, pungent odor that cockroaches put off are all signs that you may have a roach infestation.
- Can cockroaches spread disease?
- Roaches don’t transmit disease directly to us through a bite like a mosquito but are “mechanical” disease vectors that transfer bacteria and other organisms from their bodies to our food and food surfaces.
- How can I avoid getting cockroaches in my home or business?
- There are many ways to avoid cockroaches in your home or business. Store food in the refrigerator or containers with tight-fitting lids, do not let dirty dishes accumulate, keep pet food dishes clean, don’t leave your pet’s food out overnight, take your garbage out often, and keep your countertops, stove, and cabinets clean, also keep the evaporation pan under your freezer and refrigerator clean.
- What do cockroaches eat?
- Roaches will eat any organic food source available to them, including meats, beer, cheese, books, leather, hair, decaying matter, sweets, and starches. Some have been found to eat decaying wood and dead trees. They can live from a few days to a week without water.
- How long do cockroaches live?
- The lifespan can range from a month to almost two years and is dependent on the species of cockroach and the environment.
- What kind of cockroaches do we have in Mississippi?
- In Tupelo and the North MS area, we have about five different roaches we deal with daily: the German cockroach (the most common and hardest to get rid of), American cockroach, brown-banded cockroach, smoky brown roach, and the wood roach. Each has its characteristics but shares one – homeowners hate them. Roaches contaminate food, spread disease, spread allergies, and can cause asthma problems.